Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Simple Pleasures - Pumpkin Scented Candle


I love autumn. All things associated with fall bring a smile to my face. Cool, crisp air. Evenings that begin a little earlier. Brilliantly colored leaves falling to the ground. Apple cider. Football. Snuggling up in hoodies and blankets. [just to name a few]

Unfortunately, living in Florida, I don’t get to experience much of the usual comforts of the autumn season.  Because of this, I usually begin yearning for fall much sooner than normal people.

So this weekend, I indulged myself with a little slice of autumn that’s available anywhere: a pumpkin scented candle. [spiced pumpkin pie to be exact]



I burnt the candle all weekend and our apartment smelled amazing, while the scent made me crave pumpkin-flavored desserts.  The smell of warm pumpkin makes any place feel cozy and ignites nostalgia of my childhood days – jumping in piles of leaves and picking out that perfect pumpkin from the patch. [Not to mention the romantic, inspiring look of a room lit only by candles]



This simple pleasure reminds me of wonderful times, makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside, and reignites my zest for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment