Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Fall Equinox


Saturday was the fall equinox, which marks the official beginning of autumn – my absolute favorite season! Even though I’m in Florida (where the high was like 92 degrees), I tried to get into the spirit of the season. I spent some time daydreaming about a place where cool, crisp air blows and I’m bundled up in a hoodie, jeans, and boots, hanging out by a campfire which is surrounded by yellow, orange, and red leaves, I’m sipping some apple cider and eating a pumpkin-flavored dessert.this is my fall. This is the fall that I always picture in my mind. Well, this coupled with pumpkin patches, hayrides, haunted houses, trick-or-treating, Halloween parties, pumpkin coffee, Thanksgiving dinner, football, and apple picking. For four years, I have been deprived of most of the staples of autumn because of my location. However, next year I’ll have my fall – the fall I always picture in my mind, the fall I’ve longed for throughout my time in Florida. The glorious autumn days will be all mine to savor! [Can you tell I’m a little excited?!]

For the time being, I’ll continue to drink my pumpkin coffee and apple cider, find a way to put pumpkin in almost every dish I cook, and burn my autumn scented candles. On Saturday, I burned a mulled apple spice candle and baked the pre-made sugar cookies with pumpkin faces on them. [I seriously love these Pillsbury sugar cookies – I think I could eat the whole batch in one sitting – eek!]



While it will never compare to the first day of autumn in Pennsylvania, it will do for now. Saturday was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment